We are confirmed to hold our FREE INTRO CLASS– BOXING TO JEET-KUNE DO, 6:00 – 7:30 PM, this coming Thursday, September 5, 2019 at our beloved Deadweight Strength Gym.
MISSION VALLEY BOXING CLUB Is NOW forming Classes at the DEADWEIGHT STRENGTH GYM. COME TO THE FREE INTRO CLASS BOXING to JEET-KUNE DO
6:00 – 7:30 PM, Thursday, September 5, 2019
Bring your friends and anyone interested
1. First 30-minutes:
b. History of JKD – Instructor Experience
c. Presentation on Mission Valley Boxing Club: Why, What, How, and Who
2. Next 25-minutes:
a. Boxing 101 – Lecture on Jeet-Kune Do boxing theory, application, and practice
3. Next 25-minutes:
a. IMPACT Immediate SDS I – Lecture on IISDS to practical application and practice
4. Last 10-minutes:
a. Question and Answers
b. Enrollment Sign-up
FIRST CLASSES OFFERED AND TO SIGN-UP FOR:
1. Boxing 101 – Fundamentals of and Intro to Boxing – An interwoven connection between lecture, theory, and practice leading to increased kinesthetic awareness and body memory. You will learn stances, form, balance, movement, punching, combinations, et al training with focus gloves, heavy bag, the bob bag, and learning contact sparring.
2. IMPACT Immediate Self-Defense System Class I (for Women, Teens, Non-martial artists, Everyone, and You) – Just what it says. You will learn how to defend yourself immediately after just one-class. Imagine completing the course.
To read the rest of the scheduled classes AFTER these first two aforementioned separate one-hour classes (scheduled 3x a week for a TOTAL of 13-classes), see the attached INFORMATION in Adobe PDF format, preferably in this sequence.
1. Mission Valley Boxing Club Course Curriculum – This is the planned course curriculum.
2. IMPACT ISDS FLYER 9-1-2019 – This flyer informs you of what you will actually learn and become from taking the IMPACT Immediate Self-Defense Course.
3. Mission Valley Boxing Club Proposed Mission and Regulations – The What, Why, Who, and How of the Mission Valley Boxing Club being formed at the Deadweight Strength Gym.
4. Mission Valley Boxing Club Student Application Form – After you have read all of the above and are inclined to enroll, please PRINT OUT and FILL OUT this Application Form and bring to the Intro Class. This will save you a lot of time. Or you can fill out Application Forms after the Intro Class.
To see the Facebook post online to read and/or view the included YouTube videos, or just to share with others: https://www.facebook.com/notes/rolando-ambrosio-poe/mission-valley-boxing-club-forming-classes-at-deadweight-strength-gym/503922150343818/
From this first gathering, collectively we will determine the formation of the Mission Valley Boxing Club. Your enrollment will:
1. Form our Boxing Club
2. Get us needed starting equipment: Gloves, Pads, Heavy Bag, Bob Bag, and more.
Why Mission Valley Boxing Club?
Because we are located in the Mission Valley and there is no boxing club here. We are forming a boxing club that is integral within yet autonomous to the Deadweight Strength Gym. In short, it is a Boxing Club that has its home in our Gym. Thus is will primarily consist of gym members. Even non-members enjoy complimentary gym membership for the duration of their classes. Our ultimate hope is that ALL will become full-fledged members of our Gym.
Why you may ask?
For its humble beginnings with Jim Kerns at that initial spark to today’s partnership with Keith, and now adding the inspiration and vision of Rolando, along with all the continuing great ideas from members, you all may have or have not an idea that our current location on Twain street is NOT our final planned location.
Eventually, Deadweight Strength Gym aims to have a full-service strong-man/woman gym with MORE complete equipment and services; and a dedicated half for the Mission Valley Boxing Club contained within. This means we will have more heavy bags, a boxing ring, and a MMA octagon. This would mean more students and members.
This also means that some of you eventually will become Senior Students, then Assistant Instructors, then Full Instructors, and much later Senior Instructors. The rest of the ranking in each level is determined by seniority – meaning when you began training. This is the art and way of Jeet-Kune Do and has been since the Oakland Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute days.
PLEASE COME AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME TOO.
WHO? Anyone interested in:
1. Self-defense for themselves and their family immediately,
2. Learning how to box (as the foundation to self-defense and martial arts study),
3. Learning how to eventually fight in all ranges of hand-to-hand combat,
4. Learning the original tree form of Jeet-Kune Do from which all good things grow from,
5. Building camaraderie and community through a collective endeavor for the good, and
6. Winning in competition – to learn how to significantly increase your chances to win every fight. Every. Single. Fight.
WHO AM I writing this?
My name is Rolando Ambrosio Poe. Who I am is beyond the name nowadays. This is what I’ve discovered in 48-years of non-stop martial arts and self-defense learning, study, and practice. This is my 28th year of full-on Jeet-Kune Do living practice. In many schools, gyms, grounds and parks even, the boxing ring, the Octagon, the streets, anywhere in society, including the boardroom, and anywhere on Earth you are challenged energetically, psychologically, verbally, or physically. I will tell you all more in great detail when we gather. Otherwise, I am interested in doing only the talking necessary to convey points and lessons. Mostly, I prefer to let the actions and deeds speak for themselves.
To conclude, your ACTION STEPS upon receiving this:
1. Read and recommend printing this email out for your notes and reference.
2. If you are inclined to enroll, please PRINT OUT and FILL OUT this Application Form and bring to the Intro Class.
3. Recommend if you are able, to print out all the attached PDF documents for your notes and to study and refer to as needed in our Intro Class.
4. Please REPLY to this email by changing the SUBJECT to RECEIVED. This is my confirmation you received this at the right email address for the right person.
5. Please feel free to share this with any friends or family you want to invite.
Thank you. I look forward to seeing you all at 6:00 – 7:30 PM, this coming Thursday, September 5, 2019 at our beloved Deadweight Strength Gym.
Rolando Ambrosio Poe
Call 541-238-8728 to leave voicemail